Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BBQ Meals on Wheels

I've had a deep appreciation for taco trucks for a few years now. My local, beloved truck was, in fact, written up in the NY Times in 2007 and has even won some awards.
But I recently read about the Koji BBQ trucks out in L.A., and I am psyched to give them a try this weekend. I'll be staying in Venice for a few days, not far from where they often stop at night.
They've apparently taken the concept to a new level from the quality and preparation of the food, to actually Twittering their location. (Finally, a good reason to Twitter!)
I think the gourmet "taco" truck has huge potential in cities all over the U.S., not just New York and L.A. We'll see if it catches on. As a fan of cheap-but-good food, I hope it does.
To find out more about Koji click here for their site. Or find them on Twitter... if that's your jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment