Thursday, June 4, 2009

Desperately Seeking Wi-Fi

So when I visit my dad, I always have my trusty Blackberry (I just upgraded to the Curve! Loving it.). However, sometimes, for work etc. I need the Real Thing. Not Coca-Cola, but the True Internet. And my technologically-impaired father has none. Lucky for me, I live less than a mile from Brookhaven Station where no less than 3 establishments have free wireless. Dunkin' Donuts, Hudson Grille, and The Mellow Mushroom. I usually sit in my car (as I am now!) and quickly upload/download what I need to do and split. It works. Not ideal, but whatever. What's strange to me is none of these 3 places strike me as the kind of place that would have free wi fi. Maybe Dunkin, but the others - a sports bar/restaurant and a pizza place aren't exactly the kinds of places. Whatever. I'll take it! (that's my computer, in the car, outside the Dunkin')

No comments:

Post a Comment