Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bad Combination



I went to Blue Ribbon Bakery last night for the first time. I really enjoyed it while I was there. We were seated in a timely fashion, the waiter was friendly. And I ordered a horrific combination. Not that the flavors tasted bad, or, for that matter, in combination. But immediately after the meal I was filled with regret. Regret and bloating.

The following should not be eaten together in a "meal". Limit yourself to a combination of no more than 3 of these foods at a sitting. At least if you are going to have the portions I ate.

1. Brussel Sprouts. These were roasted.
2. Hummus
3. Assorted breads and butter
4. A cheese plate featuring 1 each of goat, sheep, and cow's milk cheese. The goat, in particular, was excellent. It also came with raw Mexican honey which I completely consumed.
5. Chocolate-chip bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and very rich chocolate sauce

All washed down with a glass of red wine and several glasses of water.

I know. I should have seen this coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment