Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Harrowing Realization


Trolling through I-Tunes I realized several of the artists I was drawn to were on the same I-Tunes Essentials mix. That's one of the themed mixes that I-Tunes offers with multiple artists within a genre, such as "70's Dance Party" or "Italian Dinner Party". I clicked on this mix, and sure enough I already own at least a third, if not more, of the tunes on there.

What freaked me out was the title of said mix:

Ouch. I neither have kids, nor do I own a mini-van, nor frequent soccer games. Please say it ain't so. Apparently, according to musical taste, I am, at heart, just like a soccer mom who likes to chill out. It's not how I'd like to think of myself, to be honest. Aren't I hip, sophisticated, and young-for-my-age?

No. The answer, according to I-Tunes is a firm no.
I fit a far more "average" demographic than I'd like to admit.

Well, if the mom jeans fit...

No comments:

Post a Comment