Saturday, January 17, 2009

But Clark Howard IS News!


I missed the whole thing. I was arriving at LaGuardia Thursday at about the same time the USAirways plane struck geese and skimmed the Hudson. I had no idea about any of it as I sat in the Delta terminal, frustrated about my flight delay.

I do remember thinking it a little odd that the TV's in the gates that usually show CNN Headline News were showing a tape of the Clark Howard Show. No news, just Clark offering a few money saving tips.

But it never quite made it far enough into my consciousness for me to realize that someone, somewhere must have pushed the panic button or flipped a switch in order to make sure that LGA passengers waiting to board their flights were not exposed to images of a plane crash. Someone out there has that job: "Quick, show them Clark Howard! That will keep them docile." I get it, but I have to say I still feel a little bit duped and slightly manipulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment