Friday, February 27, 2009

2 Celebs, 1 Day

Growing up far from New York (and Hollywood), it never occurred to me that I would ever see celebrities in real life. They existed in another world. But now that I live in New York, it's almost commonplace to see someone whom I recognize from TV or film. Usually it's "that guy from that commercial" - in other words, basically, a working actor. Actual "celebrities" or "stars" are more rare. But today I saw two of them going about their personal lives.
Is it creepy that I am writing about it? I think the answer, despite what our culture says, is yes.

I saw Alec Baldwin at my gym. Ethan Hawke was on the subway.

It's not terribly exciting because I've actually seen both of them before. Just not on the same day. Wow. How jaded am I now? (I guess if I was REALLY jaded I wouldn't even mention it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment