Thursday, February 12, 2009

Funny Ladies

I hate the word "comedienne" because that's sort of like how girls' basketball teams are, like, "The Lady Tigers" or whatever. So, female comedians it is.
Here are some of my favorites. I'd like to hang out, learn from, (and be?) them.

She has fascinated me from childhood. Her characters were amazing. As a kid, I watched The Carol Burnett Show re-runs in the early evenings on weekdays. To this day the themesong evokes dinnertime for me.

Jan Hooks
Loved her in the 80's on SNL, and love her in almost cameo appearance a she appears in. And she's got a real Southern accent, because she grew up in Georgia.



Elaine was probably my favorite Seinfeld character. Great physical comedy. Amazing timing.




These ladies are all brilliant. Amy's turn in Mean Girls as the mom who wants to be "cool" was creepily right-on, Maya's versitility is jaw dropping, and Kristen has several characters that I can't stop watching.

But right now, hands down, the writer/actor/comedian that I am awed by is Tina Fey.


No comments:

Post a Comment